Friday, October 1, 2010

Diane Von Furstenberg Stephanie Mink Clutch

I have to say I’ve never been a big fan of the fur handbag or even fur charms to attached to a handbag. I’ve watched a myriad of styles emerge from wide range of designers and nothing really spoke to me as something I would potentially own. It’s either too impractical, over-the-top or uber-expensive. On the other hand, I’ve been lusting after a Stephanie Diane Von Furstenberg handbag for some time and have been dying to get my hands on one for trial run. So, it’s no surprise the Stephanie Mink Clutch has caught my eye.
True to the Stephanie design, the Mink Clutch features a multi-colored woven exterior. Rich and lovely shades of honey browns, biege, blues and even a splash of purple work beautifully together in a surprising use of farm-raised mink. It has the feel of bohemian chic in a way that you could wear with denim or a great monochromatic ensemble.


I adore the smaller size of 10″ x 7″ x 1″ as it allows you to do fur without going over the top. Finished leather edges around the flap closure and opening will keep you from wearing the fur and extend it’s life. Inside there is a single zip pocket. A lovely removable, gold-tone chain and navy satin lining provide luxurious touches in this design.

The most surprising aspect of this bag is the price. While most fur bags are well over the 1K mark, this bag goes for $650 at Saks Fifth Avenue. A nice price-point for those of us who love fur and want to try this emerging trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment